The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quays are connected in a 'ㄷ' shape, and are rented to The Korea Express Co., Ltd. and Sebang Co., Ltd. The 4th quay was constructed by GM DAEWOO in 1997 and has been in operation as a car-exclusive quay.
The 5th quay was completed in Nov. 2000 according to the Gunjang New Port Construction Plan and has been rented to The Korea Express Co., Ltd., Saebang Co., Ltd. and Hansol CSN Co., Ltd. HYUNDAI and KIA car export, and clean goods of special kinds have been loaded and unloaded through this quay.
The 6th quay was completed in May 2004, and was rented to SUN-KWANG Co., Ltd. and GCT Co., Ltd. This quay has silo capacity of 100,000 tons and 4 gantry cranes installed. International passenger lines are serviced between Gunsan Port and Qingdao in the international passenger terminal, playing a role in the economic exchange with China.
Especially the 63 and 64 Berth is the Container Exclusive Berth, which is connected to various routes, such as Korea-China, Korea-Japan and Coastal Routes.
International passenger lines are serviced between Gunsan Port and Shidao in the international passenger terminal, playing a role in the economic exchange with China. Recently, a new route of Gunsan ~ Hwasun in Jeju has been opened to activate the local economy through anincrease in tourist numbers.
Advantages in using Gunsan Port
Sufficient Quay Facility & Storage Facility
- It ensures berthing anytime with the capabilityof simultaneously berthing a total of 22 large size ships including 4 ships of 50 thousand tons.
- It has sufficient cargo storage facilities and easy storage and handling.
- * Warehouse: 13 buildings(12,000㎡) & container yard, and secured additional 31,500㎡ of car yard in Jun. 2006.
Periodic Container Ship Service
- Container Ship Service Status
(Tokyo, Chiba, Yokohama)
|Shidao International Ferry
- Port Facility Charge Exempt
- 100% exemption of wharfage, berthing, cargo wharfage for incoming/outgoing outport container ships.
- 75% exemption of wharfage, berthing, cargo wharfage for incoming/outgoing passenger ships
- Provide Jeollabuk-do & Gunsan City Incentives
- Shipper & Forwarder Incentive
- Support 3,000 Won per 1TEU loaded container (50:50 payment when both shipper & forwarder applied at the same time)
- Shipping Line Company Support Incentive
- Support 3,000 Won per New Additional1TEU (regardless of whether loaded/empty)
- New Shipping Company Operation Expense Support: up to 200 million Won for 1 shipping (Support container rent, gas, port charge, etc.)
- Shipping Company Operation Expense Support when opening a new route: up to 100 Million Won per 1 shipping company
- Loss Compensation Support for existing shipping company: up to 100 Million Won per 1 shipping company (when existing company adds routes, opens anoffice, etc.)
- Incentive for Logistics Company
- Company Establishment/Move : support up to 40 million Won per 1 company
- Branch Establishment/Move: support up to 40 million Won per 1 company
- Container Cargo Status (Unit : TEU)
|2009 1월 ~ 5월
Reduction in Logistics compare to other port use
|| Inland Transportation Rate(Won)
Geological Transportation Core Point
- Convenient land transportation due to the opening of the West Coast Expressway
- Gunsan - Seoul: Opened in 2001.9.
- Gunsan - Mokpo: Opened in 2001.12
- Jeon – Gunsan Expressway: Opened in 2002.12
- Gunsan – Janghang Railroad: Opened in 2007.12
- Optimal Seaport for China trade because of the short distance to China
- Logistics Center in central area of Korea for China trading with Dalian 564Km, Qingdao 582Km, Shanghai 806Km distance from China.
Gunsan Appointed as Free Trade Zone
- Location : inside Gunjang National Industrial Complex in Gunsan City, Jeonbuk (22.8Million ㎡)
- Area: 1.26Million ㎡
- Gunjang New Port Area(1.73 Million ㎡) is assigned as a Forecasted Free Trade Zone.
- Assigned Date: 2000.10.6(the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy Notice No. 2000-105)
- Industry Type: Machinery, Automobile, Metal Assy, Primary Metal, High Tech, Logistics, etc.
Operating Total Port Information Task
- Provide information of shipper, freight volume, port company, sea route, ship size in Jeollabuk-do to local & foreign shipping companies, shippers,, forwarders and logistic companies. .
- Shipping Company, Shipper, Forwarder Status in Gunsan Port
- Shipping Company : CheonGyung and 5 companies
- Shipper: GM DAEWOO Auto & Technology Co., Ltd. & 85 companies
- Forwarder: Seojung Logistics & 33 companies
- Gunsan Port related Public Institutes and companies
- Public Institutes : Gunsan District Maritime and Port Authority and 6 Institutes
- Company : Korea Express & 81 companies